- (a) This subsection does not apply to:
- (1) one or two family dwellings; or
- (2) buildings under three stories.
- (b) Each new building constructed after July 1, 1985, in which at least one elevator is planned, shall have a passenger elevator that can accommodate a horizontally carried and positioned 6 foot 8 inch rescue litter.
- (1) In this section, “repair” has the meaning stated in the Safety Code.
- (2) For purposes of this section, repair, renovation, modification, reconstruction, change of occupancy, or addition to an existing building as defined in
Subtitle 10 of this title does not constitute a new building.